Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are the two most common therapeutic ingredients you will see in the products you use for acne treatment when you get rid of acne. That is since both are very successful in avoiding and curing acne and other severe skin disorders, although they function differently. Do you want to learn more? Visit Acne Treatment. Much as in every other drug or remedy choice, there are certain instances when one is more successful than the other at getting rid of acne, or either of those remedy ingredients can undesirably influence the face. If you are searching for a treatment alternative that will function well for you, acne products may help you know a little bit more about these two specific components. Here is some detail about both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid and their efficacy in getting rid of acne for this purpose:
# 1 Ingredients for treating acne ~ Benzoyl Peroxide:
1) Benzoyl peroxide is an antibacterial agent that makes it a very active ingredient in the treatment of acne sufferers. Most of the acne is a bacterial infection at its root. Much of the acne swelling and irritation is a skin reaction to mild bacterial infection. You avoid additional contamination by desinfecting the skin with benzoyl peroxide. Because this treatment is an antiseptic, it also tends to be harsh on the skin.
2) It is commonly found in ingredients for the treatment but only in small concentrations (usually around 2% to 10%) because it is extremely potent. Research suggest that, when it comes to benzoyl peroxide, more isn’t always better. Upgrading this chemical’s amounts by yourself will do more damage than good when it comes to getting rid of acne. High amounts of Benzoyl Peroxide continue to wreak havoc on the general safety and quality of the skin.
3) The benzoyl peroxide is a drying product, too. It can clear out the skin unless used daily, rendering it a less hospitable spot to hang out for the bacteria. This is a positive thing but it can also trigger skin peeling if too much is used. This is also another. application of benzoyl peroxide-the dry and dead skin cell exfoliation, just don’t overuse it, since you just have too much skin!
4) Benzoyl peroxide has a bleaching impact aside from skin peeling and getting rid of acne and you should be vigilant when using it to hold it away from dark clothes and even your eyes.
# 2 Products for curing acne ~ Salicylic acid
1) Salicylic acid is one of the safest additives derived from the willow tree for diagnosis. Since early days, it has been used to treat skin inflammations, as well as to offer relief from fever. It’s an anti-inflammatory agent that makes it a perfect cure because acne is basically an infection of the skin, and getting rid of acne may be a huge benefit.
2) Salicylic acid may also be used for treatment of certain skin disorders such as psoriasis, warts and keratosis, not only for acne therapy.
3) In drug materials, salicylic acid can be present at about 0.5 to 2 percent. Like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid is strong material-it goes a long way a little ways.
4) The salicylic acid, like benzoyl peroxide, often has a peeling impact if used daily. Peeling is a perfect method to eliminate the dead skin cells to keep pores from clogging-another effective way to get rid of acne.
5) While the dryness of the skin is one of the more frequent side effects when utilizing salicylic acid, this typically happens on a small basis and can be quickly rectified as long as it is still in the early stage when drying. Any acne-specific moisturizer should do the trick without inhibiting the attempts to get rid of acne.