We all have our unique favourites, but the best restaurants have certain things in common. These are the areas which stay in business regardless of what the economy does. After one meal you realize who they are. They become an integral part of your comfort network. Cafés, diners, bistro shops, or pizzerias all share five traits. Learn more about Fork & Fire.
1) Welcoming: Best restaurants know how to truly welcome their customers. They don’t put on a fake smile or have-a-nice-day line, but offer a genuine warm welcome and do seem to care about the dining experience of their customers. Often those locations are owned and operated individually by someone who enjoys the cafe as much as you do.
2) Consistency: The places you enjoy are reliable with their food serving efficiency. They could adjust their menu to keep it fresh but the eating establishment ‘s basic taste remains the same. The form of kitchen is efficient, and what you anticipate from their menu when you walk through the door and order. You don’t want to find out if you’re starving for BBQ, that the menu has shifted to vegan.
3) Fresh ingredients: they cook the dishes with the freshest ingredients, no matter what type of menu the best restaurants have. You do not place some dried, unused or expired products on your platter. You know the vegetables, sauces, and meats are very new, whether they serve pizza, salad, or fish at a top quality restaurant.
4) Committed Wait Staff: The food can be amazing but if it’s delivered by a surly, lazy or distracted waiter, it’s a subpar dining experience. The person with your food plate who takes your order and returns should be competent, timely, courteous and really want to be there. When waiters love serving people, they get a better dining experience for their customers. This often says a lot about the administration, as well. Well treated staff have better attitudes.
5) Talented chef: Let’s face it; where the buck stops is the person who prepares your meal. This doctor has to learn what he or she is doing. A chef or cook should be enthusiastic, creative and professional to turn the raw ingredients on your plate into delicious starters and side dishes. He or she always has to be able to work under pressure as this is a fast paced career.
The best restaurants can be places to be comforting. Being fed delicious food in pleasant surroundings nourishes the soul. Are you conscious that food produced with affection is probably healthier for your body? Places that are welcoming, consistent, use the freshest ingredients, employ committed waiting staff and have a talented chef in the kitchen becoming the favorite spot for their customers to dine for good reasons.