Increasing amounts of men and women are being turned on to working with biodegradable waste bags for cleaning up after their pets when they are on a walk or even in their own back yards. There are several reasons why biodegradable waste bags are the best option for cleaning up after your pets and listed below are our top 5 reasons.Learn more about us at Scoop Troop – Dog Poop Cleanup
1. Dog Piles – Have you possibly had the pleasure of stepping in a very big ol’ pile of dog poop? If everyone cleaned up after their dogs there would be far less dog waste on the ground to step in and that is a good thing! Trust me!
2. Biodegradable – The dog waste bags that are widely available at pet stores and countless websites are 100% Biodegradable and won’t end up in a landfill. Until recently many people were using plastic bags to pick up after their dogs and think of all that plastic that is now sitting in our landfills slowly decaying over hundreds of years!
3. Cleaner Water – Human waste is highly regulated and treated before the water used to flush it away is released back into the water supply. There are an estimated 400 million dogs on the planet and each day that waste gets introduced into the water supply. To put that into perspective the waste that 400 million dogs create in a single day is equal to the waste created by the city of New york city multiplied by 50!
4. Simple and Easy to Use – Pet waste bags are designed so that you will never have to get your hand dirty! Initially it acts as a protective barrier while you pick up the waste and then you just reverse the bag and tie up the end and you have an easy, clean and environmentally friendly option for waste removal.
5. Compostable – If you are lucky enough to have your own compost pile you can add these bags directly into the pile and let nature take its course. Over time your pets waste will become the best fertilizer for all of your lawn and garden needs. If you do not have a composte pile then many of the waste bags for your pets are septic tank safe and can be flushed down your toilet. Either way is a win for the environment!
As you can see the benefits of using a biodegradable waste bag when cleaning up after your pets far out weighs the cost to the environment and at a cost of just a few pennies per bag the cost to your pocket book is minimal. Do the right thing and start picking up after your pets using a low-cost, environmentally friendly waste bag and make sure you tell all of your friends and neighbors to do so as well!