Do not add bleach to the moud. Bleach is harmful because, prior to evaporating into the air around you, it does not efficiently destroy viable spores and colonies. lern more here.
Calling a specialist is the best advice anyone can genuinely give you. They have been trained in proper moud remediation techniques and can thus handle the area correctly without causing you and your family more problems.
Indoors and out, moud is everywhere-tiny spores float in the air. Mold is a part of life, but the immune system may be devastated by too much contact. Even a small outbreak of mould will spill millions of tiny mould spores all over your house. As a homeowner, you need to determine if you have a mould problem and fix it.
Visual: In many cases, growing colonies of mould can be seen. Most people are familiar with the development of mould on cheese and bread or those “science projects” inside Tupperware containers that have moved unknowingly to the back of the refrigerator. Usually, this mould is green or black and hairy. Household cleaners will break most of these moulds.
Smell: Smell-detected moulds typically lurk in basements or crawl spaces. Popular household moulds have a scent of “musty” or “earthy” You could have smelled the musty odour of organic materials rotting on the forest floor if you’ve ever hiked in the forests. Your basement will need to be professionally’ dried-out’ on these occasions.
Excessive outbreak: While most active mould colonies appear greenish to black (typical of mould growing on bathroom tile grout), there are somewhat different features in the visual appearance of mould colonies growing behind dry-wall. Typically, these large mould outbreaks result in pinkish to yellowish wall staining. These colours are “red flags” because inside the gypsum board they signify extreme, potentially harmful accumulations of moisture. You need to call a professional at this point to determine the damage